Testing Services – Environmental Testing
Environmental Testing – Environmental Simulation – Climatic Testing
Environmental testing simulates a variety of environments and conditions that many products and components have to operate long term that Sterling Performance is able to simulate. Companies like yours are turning to us to help product development, eliminate warranty issues, and retain more customers with quality designed and tested products; ensured through quality environmental testing and climatic simulation.
At Sterling Performance you get the assurance your product can go the distance in the environment in which it will operate because we simulate a variety of environmental testing conditions to meet your needs.
We have a variety of environmental test chambers that test, store, and validate your product’s performance in a variety of climatic conditions. We specialize in simulating real-world conditions; such as temperature, humidity, weather, salt spray corrosion, etc.
You can have us accelerate the aging process and simulate other extreme conditions to test the limits and durability of your products, materials, and components, and how they perform in different environments.
Besides extreme environmental conditions, and rapid cycling of temperature, pressure, and humidity, we can also hold these environmental conditions constant for extremely long periods of time (even ten years if you need) so your product can soak and be tested in these environments.
Environmental Testing and Climatic Simulation:
- Environmental Testing / Climatic Simulation (-77 °C to 177 °C)
- Combined Temperature with Vibration Testing (see also NVH and Vibration Testing)
- Thermal Shock Testing / Thermal Cycling (-77 °C to 177 °C)
- Humidity (Condensing / Non-Condensing)
- Pressure Decay Testing / Pressure Cycle Test
- Corrosion Testing – Fogging / Salt Spray Testing
- Shelf Life / Storage / Keylife Testing
- Aging – Heat Aging / Oven Aging
- Many forms of Durability Testing
- Flexibility at Different Temperatures
- Tear / Drop Weight / Drop Testing
- Elastomeric Material & Rubber
- Modulus of Elasticity
- Reduction, Strength, Yield, Elongation
Additional Services Provided Within the Environmental Testing Division:
- Fuel Rail & Damper Development and Durability Testing
- Throttle Body Testing
- Injector Durability Testing
- Hot Fuel Testing and Live Fuel Testing
- Heat Rejection
- Fuel Soaks
- Burst Testing (up to 30,000 psi)
- Tensile Properties / Tensile Testing (Up to 10,000 lb, -40 °C to 150 °C)
- Fatigue Testing and Fracture
- Leak Testing (Helium, Pressure Decay, and Flow
Whatever your environmental testing needs, we work with you to provide the best climatic simulation testing to meet your product development requirements.