Testing Services – Materials Testing
When it comes to materials testing, whether you’re testing cloth, plastics, metals, fabrics, belts, hoses, components, pump testing, battery testing, or miscellaneous vehicle or marine materials testing, whatever the test, Sterling Performance has the facilities to meet your Material Testing requirements and specifications.
Our excellence in materials testing guarantees confidence in your materials test data. Sterling Performance will help you determine the capabilities and durability of your product and components for use in their intended environment.
We can perform just about any materials testing because we have a fully equipped accredited test laboratory capable of simulating and testing just about any condition and materials testing through a variety of chemical, thermal, and mechanical techniques. Our 34,000 sq. ft. facility is state-of-the-art.
Types of Materials Testing We Perform:
- Many forms of Durability Testing
- Fatigue Testing and Fracture
- Impact Testing
- Chemical Resistance
- UV Exposure / UV Testing
- Flammability Testing
- Tensile Properties / Tensile Testing (Up to 10,000 lb, -40 °C to 150 °C)
- Burst Testing (up to 30,000 psi)
- Thermal Shock Testing, Thermal Cycling (-77 °C to 177 °C)
- Elevated Temperature
- Environmental Testing / Environmental Simulation (-77 °C to 177 °C)
- Pressure Cycling
- Load / Compression Testing
- Hardness & Strength
- Flexural & Peel Testing
- Flexibility at Different Temperatures
- Tear / Drop Weight / Drop Testing
- Elastomeric Material & Rubber
- Modulus of Elasticity
- Reduction, Strength, Yield, Elongation
- Dynamometer Testing (Up to 2,000 HP and 2,000 ft. lb. Torque)
- Evaporative Emission Testing
Materials Testing can be combined with other forms of testing such as environmental simulation testing and can include destructive as well as non-destructive materials testing.