Testing Services – Evaporative Emissions testing – Permeation Testing
Fuel Evaporative Emissions Testing
Sterling Performance Testing Service provides fuel system evaporative emissions testing utilizing Sealed Housing for Evaporative Emission Determination (SHED) testing methods.
Our team performs a wide variety of evaporative emissions tests, from short isothermal SHED evaluations to 72-hour diurnal procedures. All SHED tests are automated and carefully controlled to maintain conformity to regulated temperature profiles.
We have several SHED sizes that can accommodate a range of components, including fuel tanks, engines and complete fuel system evaluations, as well as fill necks, fill caps, canisters and tank dress components.
We test individual components and entire fuel systems. Even full size vehicle bucks can be evaluated for evaporative emissions testing. We work with clients to develop appropriate evaporative emission-testing protocols and test to customer requirements.
Permeation Testing Experts
We are trained in handling components for evaporative emissions testing so you can have confidence that your parts are not contaminated with outside hydrocarbons. When it comes to evaporative emissions, permeability and testing hydrocarbons, we help customers by testing permeation on a per part basis and knowing the best way to test components vs. the system.
Components tested individually get highly accurate results per piece, so you can identify which parts were out of specification, if any. This way you don’t have to scrap an entire batch or design if you had just one bad part.
Recognized by the EPA
The quality, reliability, and repeatability of our data has allowed us to test for and be recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency for Evaporative Emissions Testing.
- Professional, Concise, Accurate Test Reports for Precision Results You Can Trust
- Isolated Permeation Testing Areas to Keep Your Parts and Tests Private
- Speciation Samples Can be Collected from Your Tests and be Available Upon Request
- Open Door Policy – See Your Evaporative Emissions Test Setup and Test In Progress – Stop In Anytime
- Testing to CARB & EPA Specifications
- Our SHED Retentions Have Repeatedly Proven to Be Within CARB Specifications
- We Can Test to Your Custom Specifications for appropriate Evaporative Emissions Testing results
- Custom Temperature and Pressure Schedules
- Multiple SHED Volumes to Evaluate Components or Complete Systems for Permeation
- Custom SHED Design & Build for Best Evaporative Emission Testing
- Isolated Permeation Testing Area with Ventilation System
- Humidity and Temperature Controlled Lab
- Class-1 Div-1 Facilitation
- Continuous Hydrocarbon Lab Monitoring for Low Background Levels
- Scientific Analysis with Flame Ionization Detectors (FID) and Mass Spectrometer
- Heated Total Hydrocarbon Analyzers
- Custom Hydrocarbon Sampling Rates
- Proven SHED Stability Post Burn Off
- Paramount SHED Retentions
- Carbon Canister Testing
- Helium Leak Testing
- Gasoline & Alternative Fuels